Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 1 Job Charts

The kids were really excited to get started on their job charts...Each chart is just magnet board and the kids picked their decoration at the top. We modge podged craft paper onto craft sticks and put magnets on the back. The sticks had everyday jobs (brush teeth, read, clean room etc...) printed on them. Then, we have a jar with extra jobs that are to be done whenever I need them done throughout each week. The extra jobs (feed dog, dust, take out garbage and my favorite - whatever mom needs etc...) only last for the week, then they pick three new jobs from the extra jar. The sticks are horizontal when they need to be done and then the kids turn them vertical when they are done. It was amazing how fast they wanted all their sticks to be turned and how quickly they got done. Even Alex was excited with his 4 little sticks!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Jay,
Those are REALLY cute. I might have to come up so you can give me a tutorial!!! It looks like you guys have been having a fun week.
Thanks for the call too. It meant a lot. I've been meaning to call you back, but obviously with the whole strep throat issue, we wouldn't have been able to come up. Maybe we can the week of the 11th- that is Mallory's spring break.
Have a fun your last two days!

Verity said...

SUPER COOL!!!!

Deb said...

Darling idea. I am a firm believer in kids having jobs to do. They are part of the family and I think in the long run, having jobs makes them realize it takes everyone to make things work.

sewnews said...

Love the board. This is a terrific idea