I was wondering today, as I opened the cupboard to the tupperware and then the pots and pans and the avalanche fell down on me (once again) how many years I was going to spend reorganizing these cupboards over and over. I have tried to organize these and many other places (toys, cleaning supplies, pens, pencils, crayons and markers, wrapping paper and supplies etc...the list really is endless) over and over and over- sometimes choosing one spot each day, to no avail! Am I the only one that has trouble with having a spot for everything and keeping everything in its spot?! My husband and I have a running joke that I can find anything in 3 moves. It may not be in the first two places I look, but will - FOR SURE- be in the third...I guess you just have to go with what works...and right now I need ideas!
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
How Many Years?
I was wondering today, as I opened the cupboard to the tupperware and then the pots and pans and the avalanche fell down on me (once again) how many years I was going to spend reorganizing these cupboards over and over. I have tried to organize these and many other places (toys, cleaning supplies, pens, pencils, crayons and markers, wrapping paper and supplies etc...the list really is endless) over and over and over- sometimes choosing one spot each day, to no avail! Am I the only one that has trouble with having a spot for everything and keeping everything in its spot?! My husband and I have a running joke that I can find anything in 3 moves. It may not be in the first two places I look, but will - FOR SURE- be in the third...I guess you just have to go with what works...and right now I need ideas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The first thing I ask myself is: how much of this stuff do I actually use? After I get rid of all that stuff (which I never end up wishing I had back), it turns out there's usually LOTS of room to spare. :) Good luck!
I think that when you find the solution you should let me know! I swear sometimes you blog about my life. I can never find anything anymore and I am constantly organizing and cleaning things out. I am a regular contributor to the DI!
Hey! don't be so hard on yourself, life is a work in progress. I agree with Verity only keep what works for you and you use. Everything else can go!
Post a Comment