Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Goodbye Eric Myers Family...A Sad Day!

I sat at my computer crying this morning...why? My sister in law (and her family) are moving away to Washington State. Ever since my brother met Katie, she and I have been close friends and have always enjoyed the time we have spent together. After leaving from her home or mine, a day at the pool or park I always say, "I just love Katie, we just get along so well!", and so it is with a really heavy heart that I have to say "goodbye."

I know she will have a wonderful life in Washington and at some point we will visit her or the other way around, but having to say goodbye for such a long time has become harder than I thought. Katie is such a wonderful woman and a fantastic mom. She makes friends easily and has filled me with laughter many times throughout our jaunts, she loves the church and is willing to serve, is generous (to a fault) :)! Loves her children fiercely and is so wonderful to mine. I just want her to know that she will be missed by my family - we love you too Eric (you have been such a great brother and friend to our family)- but I just want you to know how much fun I have had with your wife - you picked a good one!

J

1 comment:

Katie said...

Okay, I think this makes it about the 10th time I've cried over this move already! What nice words J, I don't deserve them. I love you too! With only one sister of my own and so many brothers, you are like another sister to me and I cherish our relationship! I was telling Eric the other day that I've NEVER once been upset with you. (And as a person that unfortunately can get easily frustrated by people, this is a huge deal!) :) Our relationship is just so easy. I admire the hard worker that you are, the great wife and mother (your kids are wonderful- that speaks volumes), and you are a loyal and caring friend. I'm sad too that we won't be as geographically close, but we'll still be close! Plus, when you come to visit your parents, we are only 3 1/2 hours away so we'll have to come down or you can come up. You'll also have to tell Brett to prepare himself for the whole Eric Myers family to stay at Hotel Cushing when we visit Utah! :)
Thanks again for such nice words!