I just have to say that grandparents are wonderful people...and its really hard to share them! Walt and Cindy are full of life, energy, and love for all of us...but EVERY SINGLE time my parents come to town - which is fairly often due to the number of babies, and whatnot that happen- there is some kind of disagreement over where they will stay and when, for how long and who will be hosting the activities or who will be coming to the activities. It can get kind of messy with all kinds of feel bads being hurt and stepped on or broken. How to overcome this and end up with the grandparents at your house with no questions asked or feelings hurt? Well, these are the options so far: Have a baby (we are out on this one and adopting a dog doesn't count:)), have a baptism, bless a baby, need a babysitter for a vacation (but then the adults miss out) or - go to grandma's house (which is her favorite option!), and there could be a few more out there I don't know about - if you know of them, let me in on the secret!I guess you could say its great that their children and grandchildren love them so much that they just can't bear that Cindy and Walt be in town and NOT stay for a few days at each house...whats a family to do with so many children in the same city and just two out of towner grandparents?
Mom and Dad, we love you and we all want to spend time with you - just know that!
4 comments:
That sounds like a nice problem to have, don't you think? Hope it all works out!
I sympathize with you, but as a grandparent myself, I want you to know that they are probably more frustrated than you children, when they try to make everyone happy.
Yes, I do sympathize because we have that problem on both sides, although with my Dad the kids are competing for his attention with his girlfriend when he comes to town, not other grandchildren! Ha ha!
David says you have another option. Just move to Oregon!!
Or better yet, move to Oregon AND have a baby and make all of your siblings jealous.
Post a Comment