Yesterday I saw one of the most amazing things - My husband ran a 5K. This is amazing because he is just not a runner (as I have trained for half marathons the last few years - he was just never interested)...however, he has participated in numerous bike events. This year he set a goal to do more and complete a 5k and possibly a mini triathlon. It was so fun to be downtown and see all of the excitement as people got ready to race - and when I say people, there were seriously people of all ages. I think I saw kids as young as 6 or 7 and well into their 70's. As a family we hope to join him in a family 5k this summer. It should be a fete to get our children prepared for this, but a worthy goal! Brett is such a great example of health and exercise for our children (and me too). I am so proud of his continuous accomplishments in life, his newfound determination for health, and love for his family! He is such a great husband and father - we got lucky!
6 comments:
Brett I am so very proud of you and the example you are to your family. GO BRETT!!!!!!!!!!
Hey the comment I just made came in under Grandpa, although I'm sure he is proud too. Love, Mom
Way to go, Brett!
Brett, You are a Rockstar!!! Does that mean your training for a 1/2 marathon now? :)
Wow, I meant to spell your
you're
I do have a college degree, after all! Oops!
Good job Brett!!! I think that Jaymie should put in for the St. George Marathon and come run it with me :) Miss you guys.
Post a Comment