It has been a very long while since just the two of us have gone somewhere, and we thought it would be fun to stay close but still feel far away! We decided to go down and explore Zion.
Neither of of us had been down there in years and years and it had some of what we both wanted - proximity, hiking, horseback, shopping, quiet, quiet and more quiet!
We had a great time spending a day on horseback exploring the trails and mountains. We also found out how sore a 1/2 day horseback riding will make you!
Then we spent a day hiking up to Angel's Landing - well, almost all the way. We made it all the way up to the overlook - and headed up the chain trail toward the peak when flashes of the kids and the possibility of a fall began running through my head. Needless to say, I headed back to "safe" ground - it was still fun - maybe i'll go back and finish it when the kids are older!
We also spent time in the hot tub, laying out, shopping, finding new food to try (though we did not brave the alligator jerky) and checking out the movies. It was just the retreat that we needed! Thanks for the vacation honey! I love you and look forward to more years!
3 comments:
What a great trip! Happy Anniversary, guys!
That looks like a super good time! I'm jealous! Eric and I could use a getaway!
How nice!! Happy anniversary!!
Post a Comment