Sunday, July 28, 2013

Myers(and Cushing) Family Campout

Now that all of the "little boys" are getting older, my dad decided that he wanted to start an annual campout tradition with all of my brothers, Brett, and all of the boy cousins. He put Dan in charge this year...who immediately went into action with grand ideas of camping adventures.  He put together two plans and held a vote.  The plan that won out was rock climbing at REI, hiking up to the Mount Timp caves, and geo cashing(catching?).  They fit all of that in in something like 32 hours or so! The boys (and dad's I think) all had a great time, got really dirty, ate way to many treats and in general lived it up. Here are the shots to prove it.

The little boys making a fishing pole out of a stick, some string, a fork - with a grape tied to the end (isn't this what life is supposed to be like for little boys?).
 Geo- Cashing (catching?)
 Getting ready to hike Mt. Timp! They look ready to go!
 After Hiking to the top...they look tired!
 Grandpa watching while Brett climbs up the rock wall.
I think this is such a wonderful, bonding event...and can't wait to see what you do next year!  I hear Uncle Eric is in charge!? and his vote was camping and a waterpark?

3 comments:

Deb said...

I'm glad they had some much fun. I have never seen the climbing wall at REI it looks impressive.

sewnews said...

Wow what an adventure.

Verity said...

Loved this--the fishing pole was TOO FUNNY! :)