Thursday, August 18, 2011

What We Have Been Up To...

This Summer we have managed to cram in ALOT of stuff! I think it has been one of the most memorable yet shortest Summers in history. But, time flies when you're having fun, right?


We have gone to Wheeler Farm quite a bit. It is one of our families favorite spots and it is close enough to ride our bikes - if we are feeling like we need the extra workout.

Every year Brett takes a picture of the kids in the exact same spot at the farm as kind of a tradition - this year we found that the tree branch was gone! It was kind of a sad moment for all of us, so the kids chose this spot instead.
Alex has started soccer - and it is hilarious! All of the kids are kind of shy and have no clue where to kick the ball. We are going to have to do some practice goal kicking! But he sure looks cute in his number 4 uniform - because he is four of course!
We have all really enjoyed sitting out front and lighting fireworks this Summer. It is kind of a fun and relaxing thing for our family - to sit out front, have popsicles and watch the kids light random things on the driveway.

Dad thought he would give us a show one night and lit two sparklers and danced around in the driveway with them in his mouth - The kids thought it was pretty daring!
Uncle Bri even came up one night and enjoyed dinner and a fireworks show. He showed the kids how you can pop those little "pop its" things right in your fingers if your brave - not throw them on ground!
Of course I have spent many an hour in my garden - it is just relaxing and fun for me. I have really had alot of success with growing lots of things! This year I let the kids all pick something we have never grown, and it was so fun to have new veggies back there (kale, sweet peas, and green beans). We will definitely scale back on the kale and plant more of the peas and beans!
We also spent our fare share of time playing in water - either at the pool or the many water features that the city offers, we all love it!

3 comments:

sewnews said...

Oh my what fun. Sure miss Wheeler Farm. Love that dog. Your garden is fantastic. YOu are all so talented.

Brande said...

ooh I"m jealous of the Kale - it wilts out here in the heat and humidity and it is the one green my kids eat almost every day and I put it in my smoothies everday - wish I was your neighbor!

Deb said...

You have had an amazing garden this year, thanks for sharing with me! I can't wait to see #4 in action. I love the pictures taken at Wheeler Farm.