The Summer was way too short - and here we are again, ready to begin another new school year. The kids knew exactly what they needed to do to get ready and get going without hardly any help from me - other than to make wrap sandwiches for lunch - the most popular request for lunches.
Here is McKaleigh ready to head out for eighth grade - she wasn't a bit nervous and has been excited for this day to come for a few weeks. She wanted a vintage lunch box this year and decided on the "Wizard of Oz."

Colton was looking very stylish and also ready to go. This was the first year that I did not walk him through the school and go to meet his teacher. He was not nervous, but I was - watching him walk away and meet up with friends and hit the basketball courts.

I was really nervous for Alex. This is his first year in a really established pre-school. It took us about 4 months to get him to stay in his Primary class without tears, so I thought for sure there would be a little drama. He said goodbye to me at the car, but I said I was going to walk him all of the way to his class. Because he was the first one there - he got the "special helper" sticker, gave me a pound, and headed off to class - tear free!
The kids are all getting so big, they will all be in school in some form this year - it's amazing how time flies by!
6 comments:
Hurrah for them! I know McKaleigh is excited for the great year I know she is going to have. Colton, growing up so fast! and Mr. Alex so grown up and going to school.
First of all, McKaleigh and Colton look so old! Second, I'm SO jealous that Alex is going to Learning Dynamics! What I wouldn't give to have Elliot there this year. I'm glad that he seemed to like it- that's great! Elliot starts his preschool after Labor Day and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he likes it and won't be nervous!
I can't believe how big they are all getting! McKaleigh is in 8th grade?!?! That is so awesome! I hope you all have a great year!
Good looking kids. Looks like they are ready for lots of fun and learning.
Everyone looks GREAT!!!
Your kids are soooo grown up!!! I can't wait to hear about preschool from Alex! It was so fun to see him at soccer yesterday....what a little stud muffin!
Post a Comment