Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 1 of San Diego Trip- Las Vegas

So, I am finally getting around to posting about our wonderful trip to San Diego for the Cushing family reunion. There were so many pictures to go through and so much to think about, that I decided to do one post for each day. I am not sure they will all make it on the first page of the blog, so you may have to go back a post or two. We had such a great time and got to see family in Las Vegas and California. We should do it again soon!

On our way to the Cushing family reunion that was being held in San Diego, we stopped over in Las Vegas. It was kind of a sad beginning to such a fun trip because we attended Grandma Judy's funeral. Here is a picture of her almost 1 year before with our kids. We miss her so much, and came back through Las Vegas on our way home to Utah and placed sea shells on her gravestone.

Dad took the kids out on the town for some fun, while I spent time with my family in Las Vegas. He is the most wonderful husband and every day deserves to be dad of the year!

Of course they went to Coke World - and purchased many great Coke items!
Alex down on the Las Vegas strip with his favorite character - Bumblebee. We also saw Mario and Michael Jackson - but no one wanted a picture with them - The kids thought they were kind of creepy!
Dad took the kiddos to the Excalibur fun dungeon and they had so much fun! I met up with them later that afternoon - and it really was a fun place - you could really blow alot of money on all of those games, but each of the kids came back with a prize!

3 comments:

sewnews said...

What a wonderful time you all had. The pictures are terrific. Need to take a good trip likek you all did.

Katie said...

That looks like a fun trip! It makes me look forward to my kids getting a little bit older so we can stay out longer during the day to really pack in the fun!
We miss you guys!

The Burrows Family said...

What a fun trip!! I love reading about other people's travels since I never get to go anywhere! I'm sorry about your grandma! That's really sad!