Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Another Useful Skill

After having such a successful garden every year, and feeling like I could be doing so much more, I decided to go to a neighborhood canning session. It was so great and I felt so inspired after they told us all of the canning and freezing options we had...so, what did I do with that newly acquired knowledge? I spent the entire day canning, making a "fresh, frozen fruit cocktail, and freezer jam! It was great and I feel a real sense of accomplishment, although I'm not sure I have enough freezer space or pantry space - and what do you really do with 12 jars of salsa?

3 comments:

The Burrows Family said...

You could send some to my house! ;) I would love to learn how to do that! That is awesome!

Deb said...

I'm so proud of you - you have learned a very useful skill. I'm sure everything is delicious.

sewnews said...

You will love all you have learned and the good tasty treats you have made. You will be grateful for the salsa when winter is upon you and there is no garden. You did good work