My house is quiet - kind of unbelievable with a 3,2 and 1 year old...but it really is. With that silence I have decided to write a little about what I have been contemplating...
I have spent some time recently, thinking about these places in my life - and you know what?! Life is so very unpredictable - I know some days are better than others, some days I am better...why is that? Did I do something different on the days that I was a better friend, mother and wife? How can I continually be that person? Is it reasonable to think it's possible to be great in all of these areas a majority of the time? How can I keep the goal - to be better- always on my "front page?"
With that in mind, as a revolving goal...
How can I fit in some or all of the things that I really want to accomplish? to name a few, learn how to bake bread - well, teach my kids to ski, compete and love activity, learn to sew - fun things I can display, enjoy one on one with each child and my husband, go on more dates, do more family activities...there are so many things that I would like to take advantage of and go and learn and do, but where to fit it in? It has been interesting enough trying to fit in study time bit by bit in order to finish my degree...but here is another question, is it too late? Will my hope of being an educator be realized?...before I'm 45 or could be retiring?
Is it all worth it? My hope is that yes, life will go on as it has, and I will continue to try to be better, and in the end...whenever that may be, hopefully I will be able to look back and forward and say that it was all worth it, I am happy, I will be remembered, and that I gave it my best shot!
1 comment:
I really appreciated this post, Jaymie. Stay positive, and keep at it. I feel like I'm learning something new every day, when I want to! :) You are already an inspiring mother AND teacher. And you are loved!
Post a Comment