Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blog Stalker?

A few days ago I read an article a friend posted on her Facebook. It was about an Athiest woman who follows Mormon Mommy Bloggers and how crafty, rosy and sunshiny their lives seem - anyone else read it?...you should, it was really good! Well, after reading her article and checking out the blogs that she follows (stalks) - people she (or I) don't even know, I have become addicted to this pasttime. Is it a pasttime if you do it everyday sometimes multiple times looking for fun ideas, recipes or crafts? I love checking out these random blogs, full of advice, funny stories, cute fashions, and fun things do do.

I have found that since I have begun this addiction- to checking out the blogs of people I don't even know...I have learned a few important things like:

-One can find all kinds of tried and true recipes, crafts and gift ideas on some of these blogs
-These random blogs contain true life funny stories of women and their struggles with weight, kids, spouses, neighbors, etc...(that contain advice that can help me with my own struggles)!
-More ideas for primary and school
-Manageable food storage ideas and plans
-Thoughts on self, happiness, and the goodness of life
-Great book reads and even some helpful synopsis
-Great ideas for service in the home and community...

I could go on and on, but I just suggest you try it! I suggest you try mormonblogs.org, or rockstardiaries or nieniedialogues (if you want some real perspective). Maybe I should be doing laundry or studying for my physical science class, but i'm not, so there it is!

1 comment:

The Burrows Family said...

That's funny because I'm a huge blog stalker. I love it! I'll check out some of those blogs. Let me know when you find a good one. I have a few that I check out (actually more than a few) if you want them, too.