Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Am I Crazy?

So there is a woman, who is the relative of a friend who is going through the same single mom issues I went through years ago. She was a stay at home mom, who now has to work a full time job with a 2 1/2 year old little boy and a 1 year old little girl. She has been shuffling them around to all kinds of friends and family, but now has to find something more stable and permanent - I am going to be one of those permanents...I am going to start babysitting for her on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Am I crazy? Well, I see more positives, with Alex not being the lone child at home with me all week long, it will be nice to have some company a few days a week and the extra money would be nice, and i'll definately be busier.

I kind of have a soft spot for women in these positions - it's hard and to find someone trustworthy to watch over your kids so I am going to try to be that person. I was not quite an "empty nester" with all of the freedom in the world yet, as Alex has a year and a half before kindergarten, so i'm going to give this a try - wish me luck!

2 comments:

Verity said...

WOW!!!! You are amazing!

Katie said...

J- You are super nice. You would have a soft spot for someone in that position and I'm sure that you helping this girl will be such a life saver to her.