Wednesday, February 15, 2012

You're Fat...and lazy and full of excuses!

As I sat on the couch to settle in to my previously taped episode of TheVoice, my conscience told me that I should be riding the bike to my right or walking on the treadmill behind me - at the very least - doing some sit ups on the floor while I watched t.v.

See, at the beginning of 2012 I had a few personal goals, some of those being: Being more active, staying on the Weight Watchers plan (anyone seen Jennifer Hudson lately?), run a 10k this year, and a few more sporty related accomplishments. Yet, here I was, exercise equipment all around and the couch was the thing that won out.

I recently learned that my 89 year old grandfather (who still holds a full-time job working swing shift at a casino in Las Vegas mind you) just cut out and replaced his entire front yard. My father who is in his 60's was the manual sod cutter on this project, and my mom is preparing to complete a triathlon and ladies half marathon this Spring - these are the examples of fitness I have in my life - yet, here I sit!

So, I am going to keep myself honest in my goals by being accountable here - on my blog. I am going to keep a weekly weight lost and miles run or biked log. I know, boring, but I need someone to be accountable to...and it is you lucky guys that won out!:) Skip the posts in favor of the more family friendly ones if you want. I thought about making it really interesting and taking pics, but am just not that brave! So, here it goes...maybe some pictures will come later - when I look like Jillian Michaels!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I don't like the title of this post- you are nowhere near close to fat! Good for you for doing this though. I need to get back ony treadmill. Making it public on your blog is food motivation. That's what I did when I trained for the 1/2 marathon. Maybe I need to do that again! :) good luck!!!

Deb said...

You need a new Mirror!!! You are darling just the way you are. You do not need to lose weight. Now exercising is for good health not just losing weight is reasonable and admirable.

Verity said...

Ditto--you are beautiful! But I completely understand that feeling of wanting to be healthy and in shape, and still the couch wins (or computer chair, in my case!) You can do it! And I may follow your act, too, and be accountable!