Saturday, May 28, 2011

Alex Turns 4

Happy 4th Birthday to Alex!

It has been a crazy busy month, lots of comings and goings - but we were able to still pull together a Superhero friend birthday for our Alex.

Our little buddy loves all things weapon and Superhero, and when I say loves - what I really mean is LOVES, can't live without, obsesses over! It is very difficult to find a NERF that he does not own or Superhero something that is not similar to what he already has...even Superhero puzzles! But, he also loves to ride his bike and scooter, has the best group of neighborhood friends, is looking forward to his first year at Learning Dynamics preschool. Alex is getting bigger everyday and changing so much. He is an amazing buddy and loves is dad, can play with his dog Roxy in the sandbox forever and generally wants to be where the crowd is. He is a really busy guy, and can go and go and go till he just crashes because he does not want to miss a minute of anything. It is so exciting that he is getting so big and we love him so very much.

Here is what his party started, party bags with Superhero sayings, a pinata, a Superhero cupcake tower and masks for all of his friends.
Notice all of the gifts are weapon or Superhero related - even his friends know what he likes most!
Here are the kids all lined up ready for the pinata - boy was it strong - we could not get it to break!

After everyone had a few turns we decided to dump the candy across the lawn - (I had two great neighbors come over and help me with the party - Brett was still in London that day. I could not have done this myself!).

Everyone made out with quite a bit of candy in their bags!
We did have some really fun organized activities with water balloons, "pin the tail" on the Transformer, lunch/snacks, but what the kiddos really wanted to do was just play in the sandbox, eat popsicles and jump on the trampoline - life is so simple when you are 4.

Here they are all lined up and ready to go home with their masks on. I have to say, it was alot of fun and I can't wait to watch this group of little boys (and one little girl) grow up together!
McKaleigh and Colton trying out some of his birthday gifts!

2 comments:

Verity said...

CUTE!!! Happy Birthday, Alex! I love, love, love that "Pow, Bang" cupcake tower--genius.

sewnews said...

What a great party he had. You are truly a Super Mom Hero