Monday, February 23, 2009

The Utah Winter Games - Silver Medal


Every year, for the past few years, Brett has gotten together with a few of his friends and entered the Utah Winter Games - Curling Competition. In years past, they would get together a few times during the year and practice their skills - but due to busy and hectic schedules they were not able to get any practice time in last year. Now, I know that there are VERY few people who know anything about curling, and I was among them...but we have now become interested in the sport (or watching daddy play). In Curling, there is a team of 4 - one person throws the stone across the ice and his teammates try to assist it across the ice by using "brooms" to make the ice more slick - ultimately landing in the bullseye or pushing the opposing team out of the bullseye.

I was home with a sick baby the evening the Winter Games took place, hence no winning picture, but the kids said that they had a great time watching - and that Brett and team took home the Silver Medal made it more fun! (I included a few curling shots above, so you can have some idea of the sport).

2 comments:

Verity said...

Congrats, Brett! That is really cool!

Sheri and Dan said...

AWESOME!! I had no idea that Brett had so many skills. I love curling, I learned how to do it when I was on a mission in Canada.. There is no way I would be getting any sort of medal for how I play though :)