Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sneaky and Mischievous!



Is it possible that this cute 21 month old child can be devious and shady? He has been quite the handful lately, so I thought I would share.
We DO NOT allow Alex to play with important pieces of equipment - like the TV remote or phone - after having to find replacements...things like that seem to mysteriously find their way to the garbage can at our house! And we attempt to keep all toilet lids closed due to the number of things that we have found inside the bowl lately! So, yesterday it was very quite, and I found him in the bathroom - filling the toilet with toilet paper, one square at a time. He was very patient in ripping off each individual square, lifting the lid, dropping it in, closing the lid - quitely- and repeating the process (I was just vacuuming). I thought this was a one time activity, until I went into another bathroom to find the toilet filled with toilet paper squares...I did not leave him in any room long enough by himself to accomplish this task...or so I thought! Then, he brings me the telephone - which is up high on the counter. I replaced it in the base and told him "No...we don't touch this." He brings it back again. Now, I frequently feel as though I am slowly losing my mind, so I think - maybe I did not put it back...so we go out to the kitchen and repeat the process and he brings it back. This time I replace the phone and sneak around the corner to see what is going on, and this is what he is doing - dragging a step stool over to the counter, getting the phone, and dragging the stool away from the counter - is that possible? Is he that sneaky? I guess so.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Is that his naughty stool?! Maybe Alex and Elliot are trading secrets! Elliot pushes our stools around to access whatever he wants from the counters- it's so frustrating! Elliot also likes to rip little pieces of toilet paper and drop them in the toilet, but he likes to flush it right away, so I usually catch him before it gets too crazy. I have a feeling that these two are going to take the "terrible two's" to a whole new level!

Melanie S said...

That is hilarious. They are pretty ingenious, aren't they? Your kids are SUPER cute. It's so cute to see the resemblance to you in them. Love you!