Sunday, December 2, 2012

Recent Randoms

 Life has  been busy for the Cushing family!  We have lots of "to do" lists on every page of our calendar and most days we end up rolling alot of stuff over!  It seems like we have done some really fun family activities, but unfortunately, we ALWAYS forget to bring the camera with us! Now, I know that this is nothing new but I would really like to try to remember these family moments!  We have been on lots of family dates and a few couple dates.  We have been to the movies, concerts, and on family walks to the park.  We have spent time with cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents - most of which have gone undocumented.  Here are a few pictures that we did get...

Halloween - Alex went as Batman and Colton as an army figurine. 
 Funny story:  A few days before Halloween, we were practicing with Alex what to say when you go to people's doorway to trick or treat.  He is sometimes really shy and in that the niceties get lost (please and thank you and your welcome).  So we thought we'd give it a dry run.  Brett pretended to be the candy passerouter and Alex came up to trick or treat to him.  The candy exchange is made and Alex just turns around.  I then prompted him, "Alex, what do you say now?" and after thinking for a few seconds turns around and says "is that all I get?"  Needless to say, we had a little bit more practicing to do!  Alex fills our home with laughter and joy.  He loves being entertained and never lets time just "go by".
 A few weeks ago we had a BIG snow.  I don't think we got that much snow the whole year last year and boy did we take advantage of it!  The boys got suited up and played outside with friends everyday that they were able to.  They built a snow fort, went sledding and marched all over in it.  I do so love a giant snow!
 When the boys went outside to play in the snow, Roxy followed me around and looked at me like this.  She really wanted to go outside with them.
 Then, when she got outside, she just stood there and then came back up to the front door and wanted to come in.  I think it was colder then she thought it was!
  On Veteran's Day, Colton was chosen to help lead the Veteran's Day salute and part of the flag ceremony at school.  Then all of the children sang a song for the Veterans.  I cried and cried, but luckily I had one of my best friends to stand by (she is a crier too), so I didn't look too weird!
 I love our life, its filled with so many wonderful moments and such joy - everyday, and I am lucky to be living it!

1 comment:

sewnews said...

Great pics and such a wonderful family