Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cousin Rosie

 This is our cousin Rosie. My brother and his wife and their two girls just moved here from Oregon and it was the first chance that we have had to see these cousins!  We are so excited to have them down here with the rest of us Utah Myers!  Since we have not seen them very much, we had Rosie up to our home for a few days for some cousin time...we had such a great time with her and learned that she is excited about EVERYTHING! The kids really tried to she her a good time, and having Rosie around gave us the opportunity to be more active!
One afternoon, after Alex got out of school, we decided to visit Wheeler Farm and feed the ducks and visit with all of the animals.  The weather wasn't the best, but it did not stop these two.  Alex was so excited to show Rosie all of the animals.  He knew exactly where they all were and explained to her about them.
Alex was like the chicken whisperer.  They were following him everywhere.  I was teasing him and saying that I thought that the chickens wanted to marry him, and he thought that was pretty funny!

Here they are trying to scrounge up some filthy old hay on the ground to feed the cows. Rosie was a little unsure, so she kept her distance.
Mean old geese!  as the kids threw them bread, they kept getting closer and closer.  Here is Alex, pinned up against the car and Rosie making a break for it.  They did have fun, but next time we will stick with feeding the ducks and not these nasty old guys!
Roxy and Rosie became pretty close...Roxy knows who the crumb dropper is, when they visit our home! 
And Rosie loved crawling around with her, giving her treats, and just generally checking up on her.
We quickly found out that Rosie loved to go outside!  She followed me to the mailbox, the neighbors, to pick up the back yard, looking for moles, leaves, pinecones...whatever it was, she loved it!
One day it was too rainy to go outside, so she rode cars around in the garage!
McKaleigh playing Tinkers with Rosie.
Alex and Rosie and I in bed on her last night at our house watching a Christmas Special on tv. 
Now, I did not get any pictures of Colton with Rosie, but he was one of her favorites!  She calls him "Mountain" and he really loves that she has given him a nickname.  Every morning she would wake up and holler...."Hey Mountain" and he would yell back "Hi Rosie".  It was the cutest thing EVER!  We had so much fun with cousin Rosie and can't wait to have her up again!

2 comments:

Katie said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! You are such a good Aunt to take a child that is still hard to put to bed/naps, etc. Her hair looked great in every picture! :) I'm going to have to start calling Colton, Mountain! Ha, ha- I love that!

Katie said...

I forgot to comment on the geese. Now you know why I feel the way I do about them!