This is the first year that our family is doing Advent Calendar activities and I don't know why we never did this before! I decided that the calendar would be made of family fun and service activities that would enrich the lives of our children and give them something other than presents to think about. It's been all about the presents lately, so I was excited to get this started - hey, better late then never? Right?! Some of our activities include: Ice skating, visiting Temple Square, driving to see famous Christmas lights, "snowflaking" our neighbors and leaving nice Christmas notes, poems, or stories, cleaning out rooms and taking toys and books and games to the shelter, going to the food bank and helping there, donating poinsettias to rest home elderly without being seen. I am so excited and the kids are too!

3 comments:
This is our third year doing one and our kids LOVE it. You gave me some great ideas here!!! We should compare notes.
We want to do Temple Square too. Maybe we could go together. We are also considering the Heber Creeper Polar Express. Let me know if you guys are interested.
All your doing sounds lilke fun and a fabulous idea
What a great idea. I'm so proud of your family. It is never to early for the kids to learn the joy of giving and doing for others.
Post a Comment