I know, I know - i'll get some pictures in here soon, but for posterity's sake I wanted to get this posting in before I forget what's going on.
I was feeling really sorry for out little Alex who's summer break began with all of the scooters, bikes, skateboards and such locked up due to his recent head injury. He was also instructed to stay off the trampoline, any park equipment, no jumping, running or roughhousing...but we have managed quite well, thank you very much! and here is a list of what we have been doing.
Using food coloring to make colored bubbles
Using food coloring to dye shaving cream and "painting" in the driveway with it
Using food coloring to dye water and filling giant water squirters and shooting it all over
Smashing chalk and mixing it with water to make a paste for painting on the sidewalk
Buying small "pop it" fireworks and pounding them with a hammer
Swimming (or rather walking, throwing a water football or playing water Uno) at the pool
Making cookies (and other Pinterest desserts) together
Eating way too many Otter Pops during out door activities
Going to the dollar movies
Playing lots of Playstation and Wii...
So, we've been able to stay pretty busy, in spite of the rough Summer start.
Meanwhile, the big kids have been doing this...
McKaleigh has been away at her first of many camps this Summer and I am sure she is having a great time
Colton has been busy playing with friends at Neighborhood park days, the movies, water fights in our yard, Nerf fights in our back yard, bike riding, taste testing the desserts Alex and I have cooked etc...
I would say that we are all having a great start to the summer!
1 comment:
I'm impressed with all the wonderful things you came up with to keep Alex busy. I'm glad is doing alright.
Post a Comment