Sunday, March 4, 2012

We've Just Been Busy...

The last few weeks we have really been on the go, and when we haven't been running here and there, to and fro, we have been trying to get in some much needed family time. Here is what has been happening in our neck of the woods...Outside of the usual karate, basketball, YW, Scouts, Dr.'s appointments, and school events we were able to get in some Disney Scene It, Playstation, movie night out to see The Lorax, Family dinner night out and a few other things I was able to remember my camera for...

Colton got to go to the symphony with the 5th grade. His teach told them to "wear nice clothes" so he and a few of his buddies decided to wear suits. I thought he looked so handsome I just had to get a picture with dad.
We have had a few (literally 2) days where it has snowed and actually stayed on the ground. Alex and McKaleigh took advantage and played with squirt bottles filled with colored water. Alex had so much fun making designs all over with the different colors - thanks for the idea mom!
The next day it snowed again so I took our boys and some of their friends up sledding - we really have the BEST hill. It has small ones for the littles and big hills for the biggers. The boys had so much fun, and Alex even braved the big hill a few times! He is also getting really good at pulling his own sled up the hill himself. Whenever I tried to help him he would say "I got this mom, I got this - I can do it all by myself now." But I did try to walk up and down the hill with him, just to get some exercise in! Brett got me this snow hat for my Valentines Day gift - I got alot of compliments - and it is surprisingly warm!
Just a lazy day. This dog loves her little buddy Alex - they play all day together. Well, he plays with her and she endures it. If I am exercising with exercise bands, he velcros one to her leg and exercises her, if he is coloring - then he tries to put crayons under all of her paws so she can color too. It is like this all day long - she is so lucky to be included in all of the goings on (can't you tell by the look on her face)!

2 comments:

Verity said...

Loved the pictures--can't wait to see you guys!

sewnews said...

Colton looks very handsome. Love that dog!