We recently attended the funeral of a friend who died of a heart attack. It was both shocking and tragic due to her age (she is a year younger then I am), and that she left behind 4 year old twin girls. This caused me to begin thinking, you can never be too prepared for an unexpected emergency.
You see, Alex and I spend all day together, and I am not sure he would know what to do if something tragic happened or there was a real emergency. I guess I just took it for granted that those kinds of accidents would not occur when it was just the two of us. The thoughts that run through a mind once it gets going about accidents, death, and strangers can make a person crazy, but I implore you to teach your little ones about safety in an emergency. Alex now knows if there is a fire, or mommy is "asleep" and doesn't wake up, or somebody he does not know comes into the house he is to call 911 and tell them "there is danger at my house." I know, sounds paranoid, but I would rather be safe than sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment