Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's Official - School Is Out


I love Summertime. I always have and always will. I think it brings with it a sense of calm for me, being on my own timetable - nowhere I really have to go, do, or be if I don't want to, and that's a great feeling!

For our family, Summer is full of lazy mornings in the backyard puttering around the garden, swimming in the afternoon, and walks and bikerides in the evenings. This is our daily routine - with whatever we decide to throw in to spice it up.

So far, McKaleigh has left for a weeklong camp up in Kamas with her friends in the area, Colton has been playing lots of baseball, basketball, Playstation, and watergames. Alex is busy playing with the 3 little kiddos I am tending for the time being (which means until I feel I am going crazy- but it really hasn't been too bad, especially since I have been able to get all 4 of them to nap from 12:30 till about 3:00 EVERYDAY). Brett continues to keep himself busy all of the time and does not seem to slow down. He is still working on the bathroom remodel and still finds the time to attend baseball games, karate matches, go on dates with me and then start another project. And me, I have been studying and taking classes to finish up my degree at the Y, trying new recipes, and just enjoying the weather and downtime. Life is good - for all of us, we are lucky duckies to be able to enjoy ourselves everyday!

1 comment:

Verity said...

Glad you're having fun and able to slow down! :) Can't wait to see you all next month!