Friday, December 31, 2010

Trax, Clark Planetarium and Temple Square

Every year we try to take the kids downtown to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square and as a special treat - we ride Trax downtown. Alex especially loves the "train ride". This year we bought a membership to Clark Planetarium, which includes all of their shows, so we decided to ride Trax down to the Gateway and catch a Christmas movie at the Planetarium and then walk to Temple Square. I have to say I was a little hesitant to walk with Alex up to Temple Square, but it was a great adventure!

Here are Alex and dad cozied up on the Trax train ride.
All three kids ready to see the Christmas movie and check out all of the fun toys in the gift shop...Wow, they have some pretty amazing stuff in there - we literally could have spent hundreds of dollars on really neat toys there!
Some of the Christmas lights!
Dad and McKaleigh in front of the lights and Nativity at Temple Square.
A family photo. At this point dad asked the kids if they wanted to get some hot chocolate and pie at Village Inn, but to our surprise EVERYONE declined. It had been a really long day, and I think the idea of a warm bed beat out the treats!

2 comments:

sewnews said...

What wonderful memories you are creating for the kids and yourselves. Looks like so much cold fun.

Brandelin said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. I love the Temple Square pictures. That is something I wish my kids knew about!