I can't believe that our daughter is 11. I see her growing up everyday - writing secret stuff in her diary, having crushes on boys, asking to go to see not Hannah Montana but the BEP's...she is just changing in front of our eyes! She asked for a slumber party this year, and I had no idea what I was in for...
Here is a picture of her opening her #1 gift on her list this year - a guinea pig ball - for Pedro her piggy. She was so happy to get it!

Here is a shot of McKaleigh at Grandma and Grandpa's house opening some gifts. She was really excited about the 3 lane Slip and Slide! (Colton looks excited too).

We always celebrate our birthday's together at Grandma's...here we are blowing our our candles together.

And the crew that joined us for the festivities!

On with the Slumber Party!
Here is a picture of how the party started...the girls came over and munched on all kinds of finger foods that McKaleigh asked for.

After that, they came downstairs to "set up" - we told them they could sleep where ever they wanted, for that night the basement was theirs. It was a complete sleepingbag/pillow/snack nightmare!

After setting up the girls decorated their own messenger bags with all kinds of stones, paint, ect...and daddy judged who had the best looking bag. Much later after a few more games I decided to send them downstairs...at 4:30 in the a.m. they were still up laughing, telling stories, and watching movies - I turned the lights off then, and finally at 5:20 a.m. they were all asleep - knowing that we would be going to IHOP in our pj's at 8:30 (some of the girls had to be home by 10:00 for sports and such).

Here they are outside the restaurant. I think that they all had a good time, but were exhausted.

I was actually sick for 2 days after with a sore throat, and headache - I just could not believe how much six 11 year old have to say! Happy Birthday McKaleigh - We love you!
2 comments:
I can't believe she's 11 either! Like I told her when we were up there, our days of getting her toys are over and we will be getting her clothes, jewelry, or money. All the things that Aunt Katie likes to shop for anyway! :)
Happy Birthday, McKaleigh! I can't believe she's 11 already!! I might need to start borrowing her to babysit!;)
Post a Comment