Sunday, July 19, 2009

Karate Girl


Well, this was definately one of those times when you wish you had both pictures and video of the events unfolding. As most of you know, McKaleigh has decided to give soccer a rest and has wanted to try karate for years. This Summer she began Karate classes and hasn't looked back since! She is the only girl in a class of about 10 during testing, but only her and another boy are in her actual class, and I have to say that I am very proud of the effort and practice she has put in.

This past Saturday she had a basic skills test to go up a belt, and had to test against the boys her age and size - and she was AMAZING! I could not believe it, and I don't think the boys could either. As they sat back to back on the mats, the boys against boys went around and around trying to pin one another, but when it came time for McKaleigh to fight and pin her opponent, she did not waste any time - she flipped them over, one after another and pinned them to the ground. Her instructer said that if she keeps her practice up she will be "a force to be reckoned with." She was thrilled and I couldn't have been more proud!

1 comment:

Verity said...

Way to go, McKaleigh!!!!!!