Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Big 3-5

Well, I am officially getting old...not older, just old! Yesterday I celebrated my 35th birthday and there has been alot that has gone on in just the last 5 years. I feel as though my 30's are flying by, and I tease my husband all the time that he will have a wife that is 40 in just a few more years! I really cannot believe how fast time flies by.


My husband came home from work today with these beautiful roses for my birthday. He is so thoughtful - and I really did not expect anything, because I got my present earlier. It was a new camera. I had been wanting a new camera with whistles and bells to take better pictures of the kids, us, games, whatever...and he delivered big time - so the flowers were a great surprise.
I have to say that my birthday afternoon was filled with neighborhood kids, as most of my days are, tying water balloons, refereeing water fights and water wars and sitting on my front porch, attending a little league game, dinner at Subway, and shows in bed with the husband- and hey, who can complain about that life! I count my lucky stars that I have such a wonderful life, and want to thank my husband, who makes it all happen!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a great day, despite all of the babysitting.
And as Eric said yesterday, you don't look a day over 23!

The Burrows Family said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a great day! We should go out to lunch to celebrate!