Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Fantastic Day...

Today was a great day! We went down to Provo to see Uncle Mark, Uncle Rich, Grandma Judy and Grandma Cindy. The Uncles were bringing Grandma Judy up to Provo, and Grandma Cindy came down to drive her up to Oregon for the cooler Summer weather. The kids and I were very excited to go down and see all of our extended family and enjoy a great afternoon!

Here is a shot of Uncle Rich and the kids - he was the "ice cream" man for the afternoon - patiently letting the kids help him make homemade icecream, play in the ice and rock salt and of course there was never a lack of willing taste testers!
Here is a shot of Grandma Judy - doesn't she look great! She was getting ready for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
The kids had a great time jumping on the trampoline, and I though it was so funny how crazy it made their hair.
We lost track of McKaleigh for awhile and looked all over for her...Aunt Katie actually stumbled upon this sign near her hideout under the stairs...
We were then able to end our search for McKaleigh - it seems as though she needed a little shut eye after such a busy afternoon! Here she is under the pink blanket - had she not left the above sign, I am not sure we would have found her!
Somebody else had a taxing afternoon - Our little Alex all curled up on Aunt Katie's bed.
After all of the napping, and I think at one point or another everyone fell asleep for a few short minutes it was time to play some more. Aunt Katie sat both of the boys on the counter and fed them some fruit - they are both little fruit lovers!

Then they got back to business...

Alex even played with Grandma Judy!

Here are some of us, out on the deck getting ready for a feast, prepared by the mean and wicked Uncle Mark!

Followed by more trampoline fun!
After dinner, the Uncles had a special treat for the kids...Marshmallow roasting in the backyard! Here is picture of the group getting the fire and roasters ready!
McKaleigh and Mallory helping Uncle Eric prepare the fire!
Alex decided to share his treat with Grandma Cindy!
One more shot of the roasting. Uncle Eric was very put out that we did not have Hershey bars and Grahams, but with 5, Yes FIVE desserts, we did not think we needed more!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

What a fun day! I loved seeing pictures of your family. It's been years since I've seen Uncle Rich or Mark and Grandma Judy does look great! I miss you guys. I ran into your cousin Jen at Brooklyn's dance class. Her daughter is in the class right before ours. I knew I recognized her, but my memory is sooooo bad. She recognized me, though. When are you coming to Vegas?????