Saturday, May 16, 2009
School Carnival
Today we went to the school carnival...it was busy. There were quite a few fun little games, a hot dog dinner, cotton candy...what more could a family ask for, right? When we got there Alex was very excited and wanted to do it all. Here is daddy explaining how "line waiting" works. McKaleigh and Colton are old enough now, that we bought them wrist bands and let them go for it. There were 5 different blow up slides, that was where we spent the majority of our time.
We started on the medium Pirate blow up, and sent Alex down with McKaleigh. He absolutely loved it!
Here is our unhappy camper when he realized that he could not go right back up again, but had to wait in line again with Colton (I love that little onlookers face!).
He had so much fun going down those slides...
We decided to graduate him to the Monster Slide. it was the slide that all of the 5th and 6th graders were lined up for...it was pretty steep and I had visions of him just tumbling over on his face, but as you can see it was fun!
Here are daddy and McKaleigh patiently waiting in line for the big slide - notice the ladder in the background...Alex could not climb it by himself because it was too high and unstable, so we had to have the helpers take him to the top of the huge slide.
After sliding for awhile, we wandered over to the cotton candy...I love cotton candy! Alex was really unsure as to what to do with it at first, but quickly got the hang of it!
After a few treats we went back to the slides - here are the big kids getting ready to go down!
Here are Alex and I waiting our turn...I decided to try and send Alex down the Monster slide all by himself, with out McKaleigh or Colton. There was a lady in line behind me with a 4 year old who could not believe he was going by himself...after I said he loved it, a small crowd gathered to watch this little guy take on the slide!
No Problem! He went down like a pro, and once at the bottom shouted again, again and everyone clapped for him!
Here is a ride that was a little more fitting for a 2 year old!
But...an 11 year old? Well, she had fun!
And those were our adventures at the school carnival! We will have to wait another year for that kind of fun to come around again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
School carnivals are great! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Good for Alex for going down the big slide all by himself!
Super fun pictures. Alex is a WILD MAN! :)
Jamie!!!! I've missed you cutie! I cannot believe how big Alex is. He is sooooo cute!
I'm so excited that Brett gave me your family's blog.
I'm adding you to mine!
Hugs!
www.nataroo.blogspot.com
Post a Comment