Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Annual Temple Square Christmas Lights Visit

Every year we like to go downtown and take the kids to see the lights at Temple Square and then have a warm slice of pie and hot chocolate. One of the most exciting parts of this excursion is the Trax Train ride. We go down to the station and buy a ticket and then the kids, along with Brett, decide which stop we will get off on (like it ever changes) and how long the train ride will take. It was only a 26 minute train ride, but seemed like an eternity! I guess I should start to prepare for that 2 hour plane ride to Portland! Once we got off the train, everyone was excited to see all of the lights. They are pretty spectacular, and we got there just in time to see the Nativity Story being acted out. Although the animals are plaster, Alex was so excited to see the sheep and baaaed at them throught our trek.
Mommy and Daddy got to have a quiet moment under the foliage (and I mean moment) before we continued on our journey.
Mckaleigh and Colton chose an enormous piece of NY Cheesecake with strawberries, and here is what the plate looked like when they finished!

Alex, Daddy and I all shared a piece of Hot Fudge Lava Cake. He really enjoyed sharing with his dad!


2 comments:

Verity said...

Christmas traditions are the BEST! :)

Katie said...

Cute pictures! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!