Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas!

To coin a phrase from one of the best Holiday songs ever, "its beginning to look alot like Christmas." Our family is so excited that the Christmas Holiday season is upon us, and the kids are literally counting the days until we go to Grandma Cindy's (and Grandpa's) house for the Holiday. At this time of year, I am reminded of the importance of family. As a child, our house never lacked the presence of extended famliy members (visiting or living), and as an adult, away from my extended family, I find that I miss the chaos of it all. I too am looking forward to spending the season with those I hold dear to my heart. One of my favorite phrases from that old Dr. Seuss Grinch goes something like "Mabe Christmas doesn't come from a store, maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more." I would like to share a few of my Christmas favorites...

1-My Favorite part of the Christmas story is when the shepherds are watching their flocks, and are told of the birth of Christ.
2-My Favorite Christmas gift I ever gave was to a family that we chose each year to shop and give to.
3-My Favorite Christmas ever was this year, with my husband and all of our children, together with my family
4-My Favorite Christmas meal is funeral potatoes and ham (with Chrismas Ribbon Jello)
5-I Love Christmas because it is so rare that you see people throughout the world come together to celebrate - no matter the reason!

We would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas Holiday and a wonderful New Year!

2 comments:

Verity said...

Jaymie--your blog looks so great! Thanks for sharing all your favorite Christmas moments--I'm right there with ya! (although you'll have to fill me in on Christmas ribbon jello!) :)

Katie said...

We're looking forward to Christmas at Grandma's (and Grandpa's too!)