Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Utah's Hogle Zoo





For Brett's Work Summer Party this year we went to the Zoo. It was great because they closed the Zoo in the afternoon and it was open for just employees and their families! That meant all the free train and carousel rides we could get in. It was Alex's first visit to the Zoo, and the kids really enjoyed showing him all of the animals - though what he really liked was playing in the park area. He did not show too much excitement for the rides, but did really enjoy going through the gift shop (his mother's boy)! McKaleigh had been saving her money all Summer for this excursion and was able to to have a whopping $32.00 to spend at the Zoo - needless to say, we had to weigh all of the gift shop options carefully (we found that it's much harder to choose something with your own money that with dad's).

5 comments:

Grandpa Rod said...

Jaymie.............this is great. I really like the music as well. Thanks for putting this together

Melanie S said...

It's so great to see you and your family! I'm glad you started a blog. I like it, even though I'm always behind on posting. Big surprise. Your family is so cute. I think I may be coming to town in November - if I do, I will give you a call. I would love to see you!

Verity said...

Oh, I love, love, these pictures. THANK YOU, Jaymie!

Matt said...

Fab-u-lous! Love the pictures...love the zoo! The picture of Brett/Alex is priceless! Also, great news that the tree project will be so cheap! I'll have to get details on how you managed that! :)

sewnews said...

What a great blog. It so nice to know what yo kids are doing.


Love Lynn and Ed in sunny Arizona
When are you comng for a vist?