Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Spelling Bee 2017

Well, another year and another Spelling Bee... Year after year we practice from November till January on the 5 pages of spelling bee words.  They are relentless and get progressively more difficult.  I am not sure if it's more stressful for me or Alex (I think I am definitely more stressed because I felt like I was going to throw up this year!)  Alex made it 8 rounds and got out during 9 rounds, beating out 20 other 4th, 5th and 6th graders! Winner of the 4th grade and one student/word away from the District Spelling Bee... Not bad!... But here is my mama bear coming out - He was given the word Sanctum sanctorum and I believe he spelled it correctly - but the 3 judges all heard something differently, SO...they after a long discussion and delay they had him respell it and at that point, my cute flustered 4th grader made a mistake!  Boo!  One of the three judges should have heard!! But no going back, only forward, so here's to the 2018 Bee!

A few pictures..


1 comment:

Deb said...

Way to go Alex, being a excellent speller will serve you well. Proud of you.