Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mother's Day drama...

 Mother's Day started off great!... We had a lovely pancake breakfast at home and hung around all Sunday morning until church and dinner at Grandma Deb's...The men cooked a wonderful burger meal -despite the rainy weather, and the kids had a great time playing.  Then...as we headed home, I remembered I had a free Mother's Day Redbox that we could use and have a family movie night to end the day.

The kids and I jumped out of the car to check out the movies, and Brett thought it would be funny to pretend to drive off and leave us.  The boys started chasing after him, and then TRAGEDY!  Alex slipped on some gravel and opened up his knee.  We ended up at the Instacare to get it all cleaned up and bandaged.  There was not enough skin to stitch it up (which he was glad about), so we were sent home with all kinds of stuff to keep it clean and bandaged (we'll probably be charged a million bucks for that stuff!).  What a way to celebrate the end of a beautiful day...

No comments: