Thursday, September 12, 2013

Summer Stuff

We did ALOT of traveling this summer, as a family and as individuals.  It made for a very busy time, and I felt like I was packing or unpacking someone every week (I literally was).  Here are some pictures of what was going on (that I haven't posted yet).

This was our family year to visit Oregon country and see grandma and grandpa.  One of the things that the kids LOVE to do is pick berries that we can bring home for cobbler, smoothies or just to eat frozen.  We picked for two days...raspberries, triple crown blackberries, and blueberries.
 It was dad's first time picking! The kids were so excited to show him the ropes.

 McKaleigh and Colton surveying the row that they are getting ready to pick.
 Grandma and Alex doing some taste testing.
 One activity that Brett really wanted to do was go on a hike somewhere.  We headed up to Silver Creek falls.  It is a pretty easy hike for littles and really beautiful.
 Grandma and Grandpa


 We joined the Color Run.  It was a fun activity and one that we wished we signed Alex up for also...but we will be doing it again next year as a WHOLE family.
 We also visited Hogle Zoo.  It was a beautiful day and all of the animals were out and active.  There were special exhibits made out of Legos that the kids enjoyed finding and reading about.
 Alex behind the Lego monkey exhibit.
 I love Summer...as busy as it can be, it is also a time for family, good memories and lots of opportunities to see and do new things!



2 comments:

Deb said...

I'm glad you were able to do some many great things this summer.

Verity said...

Sounds like a crazy awesome summer-loved the pics!