We are trying to live a much more active lifestyle, so in addition to our everyday activities, we decided to set a goal to run the 5K as a family. It was really great bonding time for the kids and I to set out in the evening for a 3 mile run during our "training". No, we didn't leave dad out, he just gets home so late these days that he fit in his trainig when he could - usually on the treadmill. We woke up at 5 a.m. the morning of the run to find that it was raining cats and dogs outside - and I might add COLD! But we did it! The kids beat me with a time of 37:00 minutes, I rolled in at 39:00 and Brett beat his goal of under 30:00! After the run we all gathered at IHOP for a tasty breakfast...and to figure out our next run, which will be the Color Run in August!

3 comments:
Awesome!!! Way to go, guys!
I am so very proud of all of you and your commitment to fitness!!!
What a wonderful accomplishment
Post a Comment