Thursday, November 17, 2011

Young Love


While picking Alex up from preschool today, he informed me that he needed to tell me something important. After preschool the important things are usually the letter of the day, the name of his new reading book etc... but today was different and here is why...

Alex: Mom, I need to tell you something important.

Me: K, lets get going home first and then you can tell me...OK, what's so important?

Alex: Mom, i'm in love with Sarah.

Me: Does Sarah know that?

Alex: Yes, I told her that and she told me.

Me: That's nice, she is a nice girl and you are such a nice boy.

Alex: I need you to tell me some lovely things, like you say to dad, so I can tell them to her. And I might need to give her some jewels.

Me: OK, we will think about it.

Alex: Maybe we can make a date with Sarah.

Really, at 4 years old? At least he knows the way to a girls heart already...nice words with some jewels thrown in!:)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Boy! Ha, ha, ha! You are going to have your hands full with that lady's man. I'm not sure that a thought like that has ever even entered Elliot's mind yet.
You will have to keep us posted about their "relationship"!
Mallory's first crush was a boy named Stewart at Learning Dynamics. They had playdates (supervised by Mom's) at the park!

sewnews said...

Oh My Gosh what cutie a serious romantic!

Deb said...

Alex is such a handsome little man and I'm sure he will have many love interest in the future. Sara is a lucky little lady.