Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Here are my kiddos all dressed up for Halloween. We got alot of mileage out of their costumes this year as they had many opportunities to wear them (school parades, church parties, grandmas, trick or treating and some parties!).
Grandma Deb asked that all the kids dress up for Sunday dinner (it was the Sunday before Halloween). Here is a pic of McKaleigh with Grandma Deb.
After dinner all of the kids (and cousins) trick or treated at Grandma's house. I think this was the first year we got everyone together in their costumes.
Here are my 3 boys getting ready to go out into the neighborhood to trick or treat. The theme for Brett's work this year was "fairy tales"- he was was Hansel, and a very handsome Hansel he is! Alex was Optimus Prime and Colton was Batman. (McKaleigh had a Halloween party at our house so she was still getting ready).

McKaleigh and her friends at the beginning of the night. They sat by the fire, roasted smores, ate and made cocoa and cider. They had a great time just hanging out and chatting!
Later that night I sent them on a neighborhood Halloween scavenger hunt. They did pretty well finding most of the items on the list. Then they settled in to watch "The Village" but not get very far with all of the girl talk....

Uncle Brian and he friend Cody came up and hung out, chatted and sorted candy with Alex and Colton. They boys were very generous and shared some of their loot with them.
It was rare, beautiful weather and we had a great time!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome! I was looking forward to seeing pix of B's costume! Too bad the shorts weren't SHORTER!!! ha ha

Deb said...

Hansel sure is HANDSOME! It was go great for all of us to see the kids in costume. The great grandparents all said they loved it too. Great picutre os all of them together.

Katie said...

You guys made the most of your Halloween season! :)
The kids looked great- tell McKaleigh that I thought she looked really pretty as Snow White. I agree with Heather, it would have been funny if Brett's shorts were shorter!
Also, I got your message about LD. Thanks! That is on the agenda for today's lesson.

Verity said...

GREAT costumes! :)