As many of you know, I have been going back to school, and have really enjoyed the journey this time around...Well, after writing one final paper for one of my classes, I was asked to evaluate the time I spend in my life, and you know what - its pretty poor, and that makes me sad.I spend my days doing laundry, working on homework, cleaning, cooking, worrying, working in our yard, running the kids around - you know, the daily mom stuff. However, This paper really made me stop and look at how I spend my days, where my enjoyment is, what do I do for me...and its really bleak - for both me and my family. In looking back at the last little while, I found that I rarely laugh, smile, enjoy, feel happy go lucky or carefree and that all needs to be changed. I want to find joy in my everydays, be happier, more loving, less crazy. I would like to do more meaningful things with my husband and kids and less just doing what needs to be done. Have more interactions and find myself just living in the same house with everyone. I am going to be better, happier, and more carefree!
4 comments:
That is so weird! I just barely got done writing in my journal about the same exact thing!! I've been thinking about it all day and then I just got on here and read your post. I know exactly where you are coming from! We should get together soon. Let's have lunch or get the kids out! I would love to catch up!
I feel ya sister! I've been feeling the exact same way. I think that sometimes the daily grind just zaps all of our energy that it makes it hard to stop and just enjoy life. I guess the trick is to find joy in the small things in life. I'm going to try!
We all need to find ME time... But I would say you re a very happy and kind person. Jusst be extra kind and happy to yourself.
I've definitely felt that before. The first thing that came to my mind was President Monson saying, "Find joy in the journey." I think the trick is finding joy daily in the simple things. You're an inspiration--don't be too hard on yourself! :)
Post a Comment