Thursday, February 10, 2011

Potty Mouth


Recently Alex has found great joy in talking and singing about all things gross and nasty. It has become a new found adventure to see what things he can relate to his love of bathroom humor. Neither of my other two children found this kind of humor to be funny or appropriate, but now find it extremely amusing to egg Alex on. Here are some of the goings on or things said in the last few weeks - and yes, I feel I have to blog about it so it is not forgotten in years to come.

Colton has taught Alex how to "fart" with his armpit - Alex thinks this is funny and makes additional noises as he does this.

The kids make "fart" noises to amuse Alex and make him laugh.

Alex tells people that their breath stinks like "farts".

Alex thinks its great to talk about and tell people about the different kinds and sizes of poop...use your imagination.

Alex says that Roxy stinks like "farts", which is kind of true:)

Alex told me last night that the spaghetti we were eating smells like poop.

Alex says that any unidentified object on the floor, sidewalk or carpet "must be poop".

Alex sings songs about "tooters", "farts" and "poop".

I could go on, but I don't want to gross you out too much. I am just amazed, because we really don't talk about this in our house and we really do try to discourage the older kids from making a joke out of this...but I do hope it ends soon, because it is really embarrassing when you have a toddler telling people that they stink like poop or their breath smells like farts!

3 comments:

The Burrows Family said...

That is so funny because we have the exact same problem at our house. Brookelyn is obsessed with that stuff right now and I just have to say that it is really embarrassing when it's done in front of the Missionaries!! We had that issue last week! And when we tell her to stop she says that it's not her doing it it's her horse! She's obsessed with horses and she is convinced sometimes that she is one. I hope this phase ends quickly for the both of us!!

sewnews said...

Oh got to love those little kids and their phases. Hope this phase is on it's way out

Deb said...

I hope this is a short lived activity. It is not funny and probably should be ignored to a great extent.