Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Valentines Cookies

I almost never make cookies, because they just don't turn out right for me. I am more of a cake, brownie, peanut butter rice krispie treat kind of mom, but I decided that this Valentines Day I was going to give my mom's sour cream sugar cookie recipe a try. Its funny, because I have probably spent an accumulation of days in my mother's kitchen frosting these cookie cutouts, but have just never made them.

I took an afternoon and rolled and cut these cookies out - and found that I should have been doing this for years! It was so cathartic to be in the kitchen by myself, creating these little masterpieces with a little bit of music to keep me company (I cannot say the same for the frosting of the cookies!).

Here are the kids, gathered at the bar waiting to frost their heart or lip cookies.
Colton had a rough time getting just the right amount of frosting on each cookie!
Alex loved the container with all of the different kinds of sprinkles.
Dad and Alex thrilled about the cookies they created!
A great shot of mom - covered in flour, powdered sugar and frosting!
The final masterpiece. We made quite a few plates for the neighbors. Not to shabby!
Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

5 comments:

Verity said...

Love it! We're hoping to do the same next weekend.

Kirsten said...

Ha ha! I use that recipe, too. I remember our moms making those all the time. Too bad we don't live closer. We could carry on the tradition :)

Max S. said...

Yum, those cookies look great! Alex looks so cute with the sprinkles, too. :)

sewnews said...

Cookies look great - wish we were in your neighborhood! What fun you had - good job.

Emma said...

Wow Jaymie, those were amazing! I had like 3 at midnight when you gave them to us!