Saturday, May 18, 2019

Drum Roll....Brazil Ribeirao Preto Mission

This is a day that we have waited for with much anticipation for months!  Colton is so excited to be headed to the Brazil Ribeirao Preto Mission in just a few short months.  I can say, that his friends have been called to missions all over the world, and I spent more than a minute worrying about where he would be serving for the next two year.  I let out a sigh of relief when I heard Brazil, and have been assured by many friends that this mission is a wonderful place.  In fact, Aunt Sheri's dad was the mission President in that exact mission, and they have been to the city and said it is a great place.  I am so excited for Colton to learn Portuguese and head off on this adventure!

We had planned a fun evening with friends and food in the backyard for the announcement, but about an hour before, it started pouring rain.  We had to move the announcement to the church - because he had so many supporters for this occasion!  We are so glad that so many friends and neighbors came to share this occasion with us!
 Here is he reading the call...and mom leaning in with anticipation!

Dad hugging an emotional Colton!
 The family all together to share in the news!

No comments: