Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What We've Been Doing

It looks like 2013 is off on a good note.  This is what we have been doing lately, which is quite a bit. Colton
is learning to ski and had lessons at the Canyons Resort.  It was the PERFECT day!  The sun was shining and it was actually quite warm.  While he was at his lesson, which was all day, Brett and I had a little shopping and lunch date. It is so rare that an opportunity like this presents itself...that we took full advantage of it.  Colton is now a skier, and I am excited to go up on the mountain and "re learn" a sport from my youth!
 Alex is trying his hand at basketball, following in the footsteps of his older brother.  This sport has not come as easy as soccer and t-ball.  The coordination that it takes to dribble, stop and shoot is a little bit frustrating and as seen below he would rather just run up and down the court with his good friend Tyler.  They play most sports together and are good buddies, on and off the court.  I think more than the sports, Alex just likes collecting trophies. 
*Science Fair Winner!
On a more academic note, which is more McKaleigh's pace, She competed and won in her school's science fair.  It was a shock it all of us, and when she called and told me that she won, I thought she was joking...I did not believe her!  The back story is this...McKaleigh, a notorious procrastinator, delayed her project until the Fri/Sat/Sun before it was due.  She then worked like a crazy person, pestering her dad and I for assistance, which we declined to give - other then computer tech help.  She did the whole thing alone and I wished her a joking "good luck" Monday morning - both of us knowing what went into the project...and she pulled it off!  She is such a good student and always gets the job done, even if its a close call!
 As a family, we have been indulging in the usual sporting event - Brett and I going to UofU basketball games and the whole family attending a hockey game.  I don't know how I feel about the fact that the kids LOVE hockey games - they wait all game for the gloves and masks to come off and the fights to begin.  They did not have to wait long at this game.  During the first period their was a huge fight that lasted for quite awhile - and the whole time the kids are cheering them on...
 We have also been really busy building snow caves and snow men.  The last big snow this is what we built.  Colton was able to fit all of the way inside - and even wore his headlamp to illuminate the "ice cave".  They had a great time building it and even stayed out in the dark to play. 

 We LOVE our life!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Way to Go McKaleigh! Your win is so exciting. I'm excited to come see Colton and Alex play basketball. The snow cave was amazing. Is it warmer in the snow cave than outside????

Verity said...

Great update! :)