I don't have any first day of school pictures to post ( I could lie and take them now and say they were first day, but that still involves taking out the camera) - I just didn't get them done, but the kids looked great! Here is what's been going on in our little corner.
McKaleigh is going into 9th grade and is really responsible and feeling very balanced. She is taking some very difficult classes mixed in with Seminary, sewing and creative writing. She is excited for the challenges that lay ahead this year. She attended her first real dance, a seminary back to school dance, and was on Cloud 9 - she danced with four boys! That was two more than her besties, so she was just elated. She has been following the Weight Watchers plan and has lost almost 7 healthy pounds (I don't think she realized how much junk she ate and how large her portions were before). McKaleigh is all about the boy band - One Direction- and yesterday Brett came home and told her that he bought two tickets for her for her birthday present NEXT JULY! Wow, the excitement was amazing. She is going with two of her best friends all by themselves (that's a big step, but I guess I have a year to get used to the idea). She is happy and grounded. She still loves reading and we can always find her on her Nook either reading or watching t.v. She is taking tennis lessons and would like to take volleyball lessons this fall - but i'm not quite sure where we will fit that in. She is filled with positivity and excited about the coming year.
Colton is in the 6th grade this year. He loves all things sporty and can be found playing basketball, jumping around with the Wii Sports games or Just Dance, or finding neighbor friends to jump on the trampoline, bike ride or have Nerf wars in the yards. He has decided that he is going to take up snow skiing and has a new pair of skis and boots for Christmas just waiting to be used. Colton is also taking tennis lessons and waiting for basketball season to start. He also loves reading and devours books. He and some of his friends (about 6 of them) had a Summer book club and read one book every couple of weeks - then they had a meeting about it that usually ended in treats and water fun. He has a great group of friends. Colton is a math whiz and turns much of life into a counting game, addition or subtraction problem, or finds some math relation to most conversations. He is excited about this being his last year at the elementary school, and it nervous about Jr. High. I secretly thinks he wishes McKaleigh would be there with him, but he will do fine, he always does - he just goes with the flow.
Alex is beginning kindergarten on Monday and has met with his teacher and is excited about it. He has a few neighbor friends in his and the other class, so he will have old friends and will make new friends. He usually does because he is pretty even keeled. So far the playground is his favorite part. Alex missed out on t-ball season due to his head injury and is currently playing soccer. He wants to play tennis with the big kids, but we will probably wait until next year. Alex loves what he calls "creatives". Any art or craft type project or item. He likes to collect sequins, rubber bands, string...anything you can make something with. I have piles of his "creative junk" everywhere around the house. He loves a good board game, Wii game, or anything that involves another person playing with him. He is a great kid, and when I tell him so he often responds "it just my pleasure mom".
Brett and I are good...we love each other, have happy kids and a happy home, what more could I ask for?
2 comments:
Great update to the kiddos school year. You do have GREAT, AMAZING, CHILDREN. I love them and can't wait to hear all about the school year.
The kids are certainly busy with terrific things. SEW glad to see about the sewing classes. Hope she enjoys them. You re a wonderful family
Post a Comment