Yesterday all of the kids had a "date day" with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Rod, which in turn allowed for a "date day" for mom and dad! (Thanks a bunch grandma and grandpa)!Grandma Deb had an afternoon of fun all planned out for all of the cousins at her home yesterday. The day began when we dropped the kiddos off for lunch, which consisted of all of their favorites (mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, and hot dogs). Then, grandma saved the day when she rented The Smurfs Movie (which I just could not bring myself to take the kids to - or even spend $1.00 on at the Redbox for). After all of that fun, she had a frosting station all set up with cookies, sprinkles, frosting and other magical decorations all ready to go. The kids said that they frosted around 80 cookies - and boy were there some creative ones! When we got back to pick the kids up, grandpa was playing an exciting game of Sorry with the boys on the floor!
All of that fun allowed for Brett and I to have a really tasty lunch at Market Street (where we were the youngest people in the place), do some shopping together, alone, and see a movie. We had so many movie choices that I just could not pick, so I allowed him to make the movie choice. He chose Breaking Dawn, because he knew I wanted to see it. See, this is the man I am so lucky to be married to - he put himself through 2 hours of Edward, Jacob and Bella - willingly, without being bribed or dragged! I love my husband and our time together!
It was a really nice weekend for everyone and their dates - Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!
3 comments:
Our time with the kids is so fun. They all get along so well. Colton even invited Lilly to share the recliner for the movie. I wish I had a picture of them. I love each and every one of them. My memories of times like yesterday are a treasure.
Deborah is the perfect gramdmother.... she thinks of everything to make it fun. sounds like such fun.
Please tell Brett that I am seriously impressed (and surprised) that he chose E, B, and J for you. That is too sweet! :) So glad you two could get a date day!
Post a Comment