Sunday, November 7, 2010

Post Surgery

I have to say that I thought a few days in bed would be so nice and relaxing - but they were anything but, and was yelling "I am so bored!" from my bed by Friday afternoon.

All went well with the knee surgery and after bringing me home and tucking me into bed, Brett was off to the Pharmacy, Costco, Scouts, YW in Excellence program, and cleaning up from the day. The pain has been manageable - with a great prescription, and the worst of it has been the just sitting, laying. and watching. I officially finished the Hunger Games - a great read, and watched more episodes of Bridezillas than I should admit to. Brett had a guys day on Saturday with the Utah game, Dinner and Poker so McKaleigh and I Netflixed the documentary Babies. It was really cute...not to mention enlightening! Since I have been down, Brett has managed scouts, dates to the Nickelcade and icecream with the kids, karate, shopping, dinners, cleaning, 7 loads of laundry, dishwashing duties, walks to the park, cleaning, helping me with ice packs, showers, dressing, bandages etc...He will be a great companion when I am old and gray! He says that he can tell that I am beginning to feel better, because I am getting bossier. I am hoping that after a check up tomorrow all will be well and Brett is probably looking forward to that trip to L.A. tomorrow- even if it is for work! Life is good - and I am lucky to have such a great family! Thanks to Grandma Deb and her babysitting, the neighbors for the dinners and company and the kids who have been tireless in their efforts to make sure I have everything I need!

3 comments:

Verity said...

So glad you're starting to feel better...hang in there!

Deb said...

I am so glad everything has gone so well. Your family loves you and they are happy to help you!

sewnews said...

So glad to here your surgery went well. You must take it easy and get well at a slow pace. You have a wonderful family.