Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's A Good Thing I Have Smart Kids!

There was a note on the door this morning that advised that our street would be all torn up and that we would be without water for the day - the whole day - from 8:30a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Here's how the conversation goes:

Colton: Mom, are you going to fill up the Britta?
Mom: Why would I do that, I drink out of the sink - you can fill up the Britta if you want filtered water.
Colton: Well, I'll be at school all day and will be able to drink the water there - won't you get thirsty?
Mom: I'll just get a drink from the sink - like I always do
Colton: The water will be turned off tomorrow, remember?
Mom: Oh...Colton, you are so smart!

Sometimes I just have a hard time with the little details, like drinking water!

No comments: