Thursday, July 29, 2010
My Pride and Joy
I have talked about having a garden since moving into this house 4 years ago, but really wanted it to be up in garden boxes away from some of the buggies, and dog. This past Spring my wonderful husband built some boxes for Mother's Day...and I know he secretly wondered if my little plants would ever really take off. Well, here they are and I am so proud! I go out with Alex every day and we survey which plants are ready to pick and which will be coming out soon. I know it sounds kind of crazy, but it really makes me happy!
Here is a shot of what we are getting every couple of days ( usually more tomatoes, but we had a salad with quite a few of them). I think my family is getting zucchini and squashed out. I wish I had taken a picture of the yellow squash we had - it was about as big as this zucchini. The garden will absolutely be a yearly effort! I have to say...my Grandpa Dan would be proud - I think of him each time I go out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm jealous! :) Your garden is beautiful!
Good job! We did one the first year in our house and haven't since. I'm just too lazy!
Jaymie what a beautiful garden.. Very nice
Post a Comment